- City Clerk
- Passports for Minors
Passports for Minors
15 years and younger. Both Parents/Guardians need to appear or have a consent form signed and notarized.
How to Apply
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Passport Photo
Routine: 8 to 11 weeks*
Expedited: Costs an extra $60. Takes 5 to 7 weeks. *
*Processing times begin the day Department of State receives your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
- Form DS-11
2. Proof of US citizenship
U.S Birth Certificates
Birth certificates must have the following:
- Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
- Lists your full name, date of birth, and place of birth
- Lists your parent(s)' full names
- Has the date filed with registrar's office (must be within one year of birth)
- Has the registrar's signature
- Has the seal of the issuing authority
Born outside or the U.S.
- Certificate of Birth Abroad
- Certificate of Naturalization
If minor is applying for U.S. passport through parents’ naturalization certificate ALL of the following should be submitted to verify U.S citizenship:
- Evidence of the parent’s U.S citizenship
- Applicant’s foreign birth certificate listing parents’ names, with an official/professional translation if in a language other than English.
- Parents’ marriage certificate, with official translation if in a language other than English
- Notarized affidavit from the U.S citizen parents showing the parent’s periods of residence and physical presence in the United States from the time of the parent’s birth until the time of the applicant’s birth.
Passport should not be damaged and submitted along with U.S Citizenship.
- Valid Passport book
3. Parental Identification
Both parents/guardians must appear with minor.
- Valid driver’s license
- Military Identification Card
- Passport book or passport card
- Permanent Resident Card
When one or both legal parents/ and or legal guardians cannot apply in person with the child for that child’s passport please submit form DS-3053 along with the DS-11.
4. Passport Photos
Passport photos can be purchased at our offices for $10.00
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Take off your eyeglasses for your photo.
- Use a plain white or off-white background
Application Acceptance Fees- City of Boulder City
Pay acceptance fee in person at the City of Boulder City. You may pay by check, money order, cash or card.
- $35.00 – City of Boulder City acceptance Fee
- $10.00 – City of Boulder City photo fee (if needed)
State Department Payment Methods
Note: You may not pay State Department fees with credit or debit cards. You may pay with:
- Personal, certified, cashier' check, payable to "U.S. Department of State."
- Money order payable to "U.S. Department of State."
15 and under
Application Processing Fees – Department of State
State Department payment is sent with your application package. State Department fees are paid separately from City of Boulder City fees.
- Passport Book- $100.00 (Valid for all international travel by air, land, and sea)
- Passport Card-$15.00 (Valid only for return to the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean)
- Passport Book & Card- $115.00
Expedited Passport Book and Cards
- $60.00-5 to 7 weeks. Processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
- $17.56- 1-2 Day Delivery from the State Department (optional for books only)
City Clerk's Office
401 California Avenue
Boulder City, NV 89005
For questions or appointments:
Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.