The following eligibility requirements apply:
- To be eligible for a rebate, the unit must be a supplement to an existing electric water heater.
- A completed rebate application form (PDF) must be submitted within 90 days of the installation date.
- A dated contractor invoice, dealer invoice, or proof of purchase will be required as proof of installation date.
- A minimum of 40 gallons of solar storage is required.
- Residential purchasers of qualifying solar water heaters may be subject to an on-site inspection by a representative to verify installation and product information.
- Solar water heaters must be Solar Rating Certification Corporation (SRCC) certified.
- Solar water heater installer is responsible for determining the optimal location of the solar collectors. The proposed location must provide maximum benefits.
- The customer must agree to maintain the installed solar water heater system in proper working condition for a minimum period of 5 years. Failure to do so may constitute a repayment of a prorated portion of the rebate that shall become due and payable to. In addition, customer agrees to allow Boulder City to perform equipment inspection(s).
- Manufacturers must provide a minimum 5 year warranty on major components. Additionally, the system shall be designed for frost protection and scale elimination or remediation.
The rebate is a flat $200.