- Noncommercial messages, such as political signs, are not subject to permit requirement per our current sign ordinance.
- In residential zones people are allowed to have noncommercial message signs on their property at any time of the year, per the current sign code restrictions for size
- Extra sign area for noncommercial message signs is permitted during the 60 days prior to a primary, special or general election as follows:
- Commercial and Industrial Zones: An additional 18 square feet of sign area
- Residential Zones: An additional 14 square feet of sign are per sign
Ordinance No. 1435, Boulder City Code Section 11-24-9.C