The department provides standards to safeguard life or limb, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, location and maintenance of all buildings and structures and certain specifically regulated equipment within the city.
Steps to obtain a building permit and schedule inspections:
- Choose Method 1 or 2 according to project (Permit Submittals)
- Fill out application and checklist
- Ensure all required paperwork (per checklist) is included in your submittal
- Email complete submittal package to email@example.com
- Pay invoice for plan review deposit only and notify us of payment
- Your plans will be forwarded for review:
- If your plans are approved, you will receive an invoice for the balance due via email. When you notify us of payment, you will enter the queue to have your permit uploaded in the Citizen Self Service portal.
- If your plans are not approved, you will receive a deficiency letter via email outlining what is needed. Once you resubmit all needed documents, we will route your revisions for review. This process will repeat until your plans are approved. You will then receive an invoice for the balance due. When you notify us of payment, you will enter the queue to have your permit issued and uploaded in Citizen Self Service.
- Once you have your permit, you can schedule inspections and view inspection results online Citizen Self Service. Inspections must be scheduled by 3:30 pm for the next business day.